ECO-Option (UK) Limited undertakes the collection, recycling, transfer, bulking, repackaging and disposal of spent resources and waste materials as well as the recovery of valuable components such as fertiliser compounds and non-ferro & precious metals where appropriate. The Company declares that it will strictly adhere to the Environmental Policy set out herein.
The Company shall :
• Ensure that, at all times, all its activities comply fully with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
• Define a management structure with detailed responsibilities for the management of environmental issues.
• Establish and maintain a system for setting objectives for reducing the company's impact on the Environment.
• Identify and regularly review all environmental effects resulting from company activities.
• Endeavour to continuously improve its environmental performance and prevent pollution from its activities.
• Ensure that all employees are competent and well trained in all skills necessary to carry out their work in a safe manner, especially where it incorporates any best established practice.
• Ensure that all relevant procedures and work instructions are fully documented and communicated to all employees and contractors.
• Ensure that all contractors are fully competent to carry out the activities required from them and that, where necessary, they are trained in the company's procedures.
• Establish a system, including internal audits, for checking that all company activities adhere to the appropriate standards and remedial actions are initiated where non-conformities are identified.
• Where possible, communicate the company's Environmental Policy to all suppliers and seek to influence them to reduce the environmental impact of their activities.
• Make this Policy available to all customers, employees, contractors, suppliers, regulatory bodies, neighbours and the general public.
• Comply with all current energy legislation, seeking to meet or better legislative targets
• Minimise waste, promote recycling, and the use of recycled products to help reduce the burden on landfill, and therefore methane generation.
• Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst employees and others, and will seek, where practicable, to continuously improve Company environmental performance
• Evaluate the potential benefits of carbon off-setting, e.g., tree planting